Yesterday was ambitious and snaked towards the correct path.
It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to build. That was the first step, even though I had previously identified wireframing as the first step (turns out wireframing is hard when you don’t know what you want to build).
Then, when wireframing was the step, I ended up fiddling with some pages, post layouts, and css instead.
Working on a project is very similar to meditation. Your mind gets sidetracked by a lot of things that could need doing, while you constantly pull it back to what you decided was most important for the day. That’s why it’s important to take a few minutes out of the work day to figure out your priorities.
Today I plan to:
- [ ] Research blog designs
- [ ] Look into using framework for Jekyll
- [ ] Prepare a “kitchen sink” of design elements in Sketch
- [ ] Draft wireframes for blog according to product spec
- There are so many approaches to blog layout! It makes me want to alter my blog plan.
- The main index can either be a list (archive style), excerpts in post order, or full-post with navigation back and forth.
- What about a main index dedicated to full-text posts, with an archive that lists all articles by category? This only works for shorter-form blog posts.